Meeting With Your Montgomery County Injury Attorney
If you are injured, the best thing that you can do to improve your odds of recovery of compensation is to assemble the documentation that your Washington DC injury attorney needs to prove your case. Some items that the Montgomery County injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Jay S. Weiss, P.C. may request you to bring to your first meeting include the following:
- Accident reports detailing your injury
- Tickets issued at the scene
- Copies of hospital, medical, and therapy records
- Information regarding insurance coverage of your medical bills
- Reports from medical professionals regarding your diagnosis and prognosis
- Invoices from medical care providers
- Information you may have about anticipated future medical costs, including therapy
- A list of days of work missed as a result of your injury
- A list detailing the ways your life has changed since your accident
- A calendar marked with the dates of the accident, doctor appointments, surgery, work missed, etc.
- Copies of letters, emails, and summary of interactions with insurance companies
- Copies of any claims filed at your job or with an insurance company
- Photos you may have of the accident scene
- Notes you may have taken at the accident scene
Your Montgomery County auto accident attorneys can use the above information and documentation to strategize and prove your case.
Now is the time to ask questions
Besides the above documentation, you may want to bring a list of questions for your Montgomery County auto accident attorney. Some questions you can ask include the following:
- Do you see any problems with my case?
- What do you suggest we do about them?
- Are there options available to me?
- What is the process for a typical personal injury case?
- Do you have an idea about how my case is going to take to resolve?
- How do you charge for your services and expenses?
- What types of experts do you need to prove my case?
- Is there a time limit for you to settle the case or file a lawsuit?
Speak with a Montgomery County auto accident attorney at our firm
The Washingon DC injury lawyers at Law Offices of Jay S. Weiss, P.C. fight to win just compensation for personal injury victims throughout the greater DC metro area, including Montgomery, Howard, Prince George's, Charles, and other nearby counties in Maryland. Dial 202-872-1545 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation and start on the path to financial recovery.